A clean bathtub is essential for a relaxing and enjoyable bathing experience. However, with regular use, bathtubs can quickly become dirty and dingy. Soap scum, hard water stains, and mildew can all build up over time, making cleaning a chore.
Fortunately, there are a few simple things you can do to keep your bathtub clean and prevent build-up. By following these tips, you can make cleaning easier and faster, and keep your bathtub looking its best.
1. Deep clean your bathtub regularly
While rinsing your bathtub after each use is important, it’s also essential to deep clean it regularly. This will help to remove any build-up of soap scum, hard water stains, and mildew.
To deep clean your bathtub, follow these steps:
- Rinse the bathtub with hot water to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Apply a bathtub cleaner to all surfaces of the tub, including the walls, floor, and drain.
- Use a scrub brush or sponge to scrub the tub, paying special attention to any areas with soap scum or mildew.
- Rinse the tub thoroughly with hot water.
- Dry the tub with a clean towel to prevent water spots from forming.
2. Rinse your bathtub after each use
This is one of the simplest and most effective ways to keep your bathtub clean. After you take a shower or bath, rinse the tub with hot water to remove any soap scum or residue. This will help to prevent build-up and make it easier to clean your tub later on.
3. Use a daily shower spray
A daily shower spray is a great way to keep your bathtub clean and prevent soap scum and mildew from building up. After each use, simply spray the shower walls and tub with the spray and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it away.
4. Clean the bathtub drain regularly
The bathtub drain is a common place for soap scum, hair, and other debris to accumulate. To clean the drain, remove the drain cover and use a drain snake or brush to remove any clogs. You can also pour a mixture of baking soda and vinegar down the drain to help dissolve soap scum and build-up.
5. Remove hard water stains
Hard water stains can be difficult to remove, but there are a few things you can try. One option is to use a commercial hard water stain remover. Another option is to make your own hard water stain remover by mixing equal parts vinegar and water. Spray the solution onto the hard water stains and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it away with a soft brush or sponge.
Bonus tip: If you have a fiberglass bathtub, avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive scrubbers, as these can damage the finish of the tub. Instead, use a mild soap and water solution to clean your fiberglass bathtub.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your bathtub clean and prevent build-up. This will make cleaning easier and faster, and help to keep your bathtub looking its best.
Summary of the key points:
- Deep clean your bathtub regularly to remove build-up of soap scum, hard water stains, and mildew.
- Rinse your bathtub after each use to prevent build-up.
- Use a daily shower spray to keep your bathtub clean and prevent soap scum and mildew from building up.
- Clean the bathtub drain regularly to prevent clogs and build-up.
- Remove hard water stains with a commercial hard water stain remover or a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water.
- Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive scrubbers on fiberglass bathtubs.